St. Petersburg, Florida
The focus of this position is to seek out, cultivate and secure community and business partnerships (including corporations, local businesses, civic groups, private donors, volunteers, media, etc.) that generate revenue streams, as well as raise awareness of A Door of Hope.
The Donor Relations Manager is an ambassador for the organization in secular and Christian settings and is responsible for developing community and business partnerships with corporate and individual donors. The Donor Relations Manager will work in conjunction with the Executive Director to strategically oversee and manage all aspects of donor relations, project/event management, database management and reporting. The Donor Relations Manager will continually seek out, cultivate, engage and oversee an organized team of volunteers/advocates that will share the A Door of Hope vision, raise funding and secure sponsorships for A Door of Hope events. All A Door of Hope events are to be conducted in a manner that helps improve ministry effectiveness, achieve development goals and objectives, make disciples in our community and bring glory to God.
- New Business Relationships: Cultivate and secure community and business partnerships
- New Donors: Seek out and cultivate relationships with new donors
- Cultivate existing donor relationships
- Host monthly Vision Tour presentations (when implemented)
- Seek out and engage A Door of Hope advocates through organized monthly meetings and trainings
- Develop/maintain partnerships within the local media
- Broaden the base of the organization’s contacts through ongoing networking with other community leaders, civic groups, chambers, leadership groups, church ministries, etc.
- Conceptualize, oversee and execute all major events in partnership with the Executive Director
- Seek out new funding stream opportunities that will allow A Door of Hope to meet budget and fundraising goals
- Retaining and managing all community and donor relationships
Line of Responsibility:
- Strong commitment to the Philosophy and Statement of Faith of A Door of Hope, Inc.
- Works with passion, is driven to fulfill the mission of A Door of Hope with integrity as unto the Lord
- Able to deliver persuasive oral and written presentations
- Ability to engage in big-picture thinking and cultivate creative ideas
- Experience with small and large scale event production from concept, planning, development and execution stages
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, marketing, and/or development preferred or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum four to five years of working in a fund raising/donor development environment with a proven track record of raising five hundred thousand or more dollars
- Demonstrates creative-thinking skills to create unique and compelling stewardship methods
- Strong interpersonal and relational skills
- Strong organizational skills with an appreciation for details, ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to self-manage
- Must be a self-starter, capable of identifying donor needs/requirements and a willingness to go the extra mile
- Ability to assess need for, develop and implement special projects
- Ability to prepare, organize, and structure meetings
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Possess desire to continually educate oneself and grow
- Experience in implementing social media platforms for public awareness, fundraising and recruitment
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point, Databases, Social Media platforms
- Must successfully complete a criminal background screening, drug screening and MVR check.