Headquarters: St. Petersburg, Florida
Work from home: Full-time
Salary: $34,000.00 /year
The Licensing & Support Specialist is utilized to assist with all licensing procedures to ensure complete and total support and follow through for the prospective foster family. Responsibilities include gathering all information pertaining to the licensing of the prospective foster families, as well as the facilitation of the licensing requirements. This position may include, but not be limited to:
- Assisting, supporting, and maintaining open lines of communication with foster families throughout the Professional Parenting and licensing process
- Participate in recruitment efforts when needed
- Compiling and following through with completion of the licensing documentation packages required by law and submitting packages to DCF/Community Base Care Agency’s Foster Parent Licensing Unit
- Request health and fire inspections for prospective foster families
- Complete home studies and submit appropriate documentation
- Assist with yearly re-licensing of foster families by identifying 90 days prior and submitting appropriate documentation within 45 days of expiration date on license
- Continue ongoing support for licensed foster families – facilitating positive working relationship between family and agency
- Maintaining case files with appropriate documentation and requirements
- Be aware of changes in legislation and/or other requirements concerning training and licensing of foster families
- Scheduling and arranging for continuing education classes for licensed foster parents
- Assist in all other related duties when necessary.
Licensing & Support Specialist is also responsible for developing, identifying and carrying out support services for foster families within the agency. The L & S Specialist will be the liaison between the foster family and the agency. This position may include, but not be limited to:
- Assist after placement of children into foster and respite homes by coordinating with A Door of Hope and DCF/ Community Base Care Agency’s placement, including follow up for daycare, placement in school, medical appointments, etc.
- Complete and maintain necessary and appropriate paperwork for all case files, quarterly reports, court reports (if requested), program forms, etc., and assist and train foster parents in appropriate documentation according to Florida Statutes 65C-13 and 65C-15
- Notify case worker of paperwork needed for Client Resource Records (CRR)
- Assist in securing and advocate for the acquisition of services and resources necessary to implement service plan
- Conduct home visits with each licensed foster family
- When necessary, attend court with foster parents and advocate with Guardian Ad Litem on behalf of children placed in A Door of Hope foster homes
- Maintain constant and consistent contact with foster families and be readily available to provide emergency on-call services for each foster family 24 hours per day
- Work closely with foster care case manager to assist in obtaining necessary services for children and maintaining professional inclusion for foster parent
- Attend all required in-service training
- Assist in orientation and training of foster parents, as needed
- Assist in coordination of foster parent support activities, such as monthly support groups and quarterly foster family special events
- Attend community meetings, as needed
- Be available 24 hours a day – 365 days a year (excluding vacations) for emergencies
- Assist in the relicensure of A Door of Hope foster homes
- Assist in all other related duties when necessary
The duties of the Licensing and Support Specialist position may also include but are not limited to:
- Face to face follow-up contacts from prospective foster family lead sheets,
- Follow-up telephone calls from prospective foster family lead sheets,
- Orientation and recruitment meetings,
- Recruitment events such as booths, fairs, etc.,
- Speaking engagements such as school events, church and hospital presentations, etc.,
- Face to face community networking events,
- Compilation of marketing materials for inquiry leads,
- Professional Parenting classroom Training
- Professional Parenting class training preparation
- Face to face follow-up visits for potential foster parents
- Initial Licensing Documentation and file preparation
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in criminology, psychology, sociology, counseling, special education, education, human development, child development, family development, marriage and family therapy, or nursing and a minimum of two years’ experience working with children with emotional disturbances and/or at-risk children. DCF experience preferred in Protective Supervision and/or Foster Care. Position requires child welfare certification, and Professional Parenting certification, or the commitment to obtain both certifications within the first 12 months of employment. Florida Certification in child welfare is preferred upon application and can be inquired through: http://flcertificationboard.org/resources/employer-sponsored-cw-certification-support-documents/
Knowledge regarding child welfare work, including statues and regulations regarding licensing and placement of children in foster and adoptive homes; customers service experience, ability to multi-task; Administrative abilities and detail orientation; excellent verbal and written communication skills; Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures; Ability to work independently and utilize initiative; ability to be organized and to meet deadlines; Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situation; Continue personal competency through education, outside literature, seminars, etc; Computer experience in a Windows environment, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word), ability to learn and utilize software programs.
Must successfully complete a criminal background screening and drug screening.
Must be able to meet requirements for A Door of Hope Auto Insurance and be able to drive for business purposes. Must maintain an appropriate and valid state driver’s license.
- Work from home but expected to meet with Supervisor twice a week.